12 April 2015

Top places to visit at the Salone del Mobile

If you are planning on visiting the Salone del Mobile in Milan this week, you should probably be warned that there will be lots of walking envolved!

First of all there is the Salone del Mobile in Rho: here you will find Euroluce, Eurocucina, Workplace3.0, the Salone Satellite (a special exhibition for designers under 35) and many other installations.

If you manage to spend two or three days in Milan, once you've been to the Fiera in Rho, you'll want to visit the Fuori Salone, the part of the Salone that happens all over the city, in many different venues.

There are six main quartieri (districts) to visit:


If  you only have two days, you could go to the Salone first, especially if you've never been before, then spend a day visiting two or three of the areas of the Fuori Salone. Use a map and keep your eyes open wide!

If you are returning to Milan after several visits to the Salone, you may want to concentrate on the Fuori Salone. In which case, pick a handful of events, plan an itinerary and have fun!

Unfotunately I don't think it's possible to see everything at the Salone or at the Fuori Salone, so I'm going to have to pick my route now and make sure I savour the places I do visit! Although a part of me would like to see it all!

My personal favourites so far are:

The Salone Satellite (full of suprises and fresh ideas)
Superstudio PiĆ¹ in Tortona

But I must admit, at heart I am a traveller, so I like to meander around and see where streets take me. I like to allow time and space for suprises... So hopefully my canon and I will see unexpected things...


I'll keep you posted and look forward to reading other poeple's accounts too.
Ciao!

the Fiera di Milano in Rho

A scene from the Fuori Salone




No comments:

Post a Comment