26 October 2015

Golden colours and autumn magic

Today the screensaver on my phone is a row of trees with golden leaves. And outside my window there are lots of beautiful colourful trees. Oh, and it's raining too!

When I was little Autumn was my favourite season because I like the crunching sound of leaves, the way trees show off their amazing variety of colours, and the feeling that winter is on its way, which to my childhood self, meant Christmas! Ok, it still does, of course! And I still love Autumn..

Last week, I was leafing through one of my interior design magazines when I came across an article about the colour of the year for 2016. Akzonobel, a Dutch paints and coatings company, have created Colour Futures to study trends in the use of colour for interior design. The colour 2016 will be Cherished GOLD.

Well that's just what I need to get me into that cosy Autumnal feel!

So I have set up a folder to fill with Gold inspiration on my Pinterest account.

some leaves I picked up on my way to work this morning

I'l leave you with this song by Mika....




No comments:

Post a Comment